Saturday, November 27, 2010

Home again, home again....

We've just returned from a weekend in MS with family for Thanksgiving. I thoroughly enjoyed being home with David, the girls, my mom and brother and sister-in-law. I also got to visit my dad and stepmom, the first visit in almost a year. Being away makes coming home so sweet! Even though there's a pile of laundry, suitcases to be unpacked, and groceries to buy, I am still at peace to be home.

While we were in MS, my mom made the comment that Mackenzie just seems so much more mature. And it's something she wasn't ready to face. Neither am I. It seemed more obvious to me after my mom pointed it out. Mackenzie is growing up. I knew this. It's gonna happen. It's happening before my very eyes. But sometimes I just don't stop to pay attention just how much she's changing each and every day. I must make sure I don't let a moment slip by without my notice! I must cherish her. And Olivia. And each moment of every day because time is passing quickly.

I am so grateful for what God has done in my life. Blessed me with a loving husband, two precious little girls who light up my life, and a wonderful family to go home to and relish in the love, the memories, and the laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment